- THESE TERMS 1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which House of Petula Limited, a UK company registered at 140 Grays Inn Road London WC1X8AZ trading as House of Petu;a (the Merchant) shall supply goods (Goods) to you.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to House of Petula. These terms tell you how the Goods will be provided to you, how you may end the contract and other important information.
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERCHANT AND HOW TO GET IN TOUCH 2.1 The Merchant. The legal contract for the supply of the Goods is entered into between you and the Merchant. The Merchant is responsible for supplying the Goods to you.
2.2 Contact. If you have a question or need any assistance you should contact House of Petula, in the first instance. You can telephone House of Petula at +44 (0) 7729221642 or by writing to House of Petula at email@example.com and House of Petula, 140 Grays Inn Road London WC1X8AZ.
2.3 How the Merchant may contact you. If the Merchant needs to contact you, they will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided in your order.
2.4 "Writing" includes emails. When the words "writing" or "written" are used in these terms, this includes emails.
- THE FLORIST'S CONTRACT WITH YOU 3.1 How your order will be accepted. Acceptance of your order will take place when House of Petula email you to accept and confirm it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and the Merchant for the supply by the Merchant to you of the Goods (Contract).
3.2 If the Merchant can’t supply the Goods. If the Merchant is unable to supply you with the Goods, for example because the Goods are not in stock or no longer available, the Merchant will inform you of this by email. House of Petula will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
3.3 Your legal rights. The Merchant is under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with the Contract.
3.4 Your order number. House of Petula will assign an order number to your order and House of Petula will tell you what it is when it accepts and confirms your order. It will help House of Petula if you can quote the order number whenever you contact House of Petula about your order.
- GOODS 4.1 Goods may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the Goods on House of Petula’s website www.houseofpetula.com are for illustrative purposes only. Your Goods may vary slightly from those images.
4.2 Goods packaging may vary. The packaging of the Goods may vary from that shown in images on House of Petula’s website.
- DELIVERY 5.1 Delivery costs. Where same day delivery is selected, the costs of delivery of the Goods will be as displayed on House of Petula’s website.
5.2 When the Merchant will deliver the Goods. During the order process you will be asked to select when you want the Goods to be delivered.
5.3 If you order before midday. If you place an order before 1pm on a working day and you have selected same day delivery, the Goods shall be delivered to the recipient on the same day.
5.4 If you place an order after midday. If you place an order after midday, the Merchant shall deliver the Goods to the recipient on the date selected by you.
5.5 The Merchant shall ensure that the Goods are properly packed, stored and secured in such manner as to enable them to reach you in good condition.
5.6 The Merchant shall deliver or arrange for the Goods to be delivered: (a) to the address set out in the email House of Petula sends you when it accepts and confirms your order, or to such other address as you may notify House of Petula or the Merchant prior to delivery; (b) at such time and date as is set out in the email accepting and confirming your order.
5.7 The Merchant is not responsible for delays outside its control. If the Merchant’s supply of the Goods is delayed by an event outside its control then House of Petula will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and the Merchant will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided the Merchant does this it will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of significant delay (a delay of more than 24 hours) you may contact House of Petula to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received.
5.8 If recipient is not at home when the Goods are delivered. If no one is available to take delivery of the Goods, the Merchant will either leave the Goods with a neighbour or outside the recipient’s front door.
5.9 When you become responsible for the Goods. The Goods will be your responsibility from the time the Merchant delivers the Goods to the address you supply to House of Petula when you place the order.
5.10 When you own the Goods. You own the Goods once House of Petula has received payment in full for them.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT 6.1 You may be able to end your Contract with the Merchant. Your right to end the Contract will depend on whether there is anything wrong with the Goods, how the Merchant is performing and when you decide to end the Contract. These are the circumstances in which you can end the Contract:
(a) If the Goods are not of satisfactory quality or mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the Goods replaced or to get some or all of your money back).
(b) House of Petula or the Merchant has told you about an error in the price or description of the Goods you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed.
(c) There is a risk that supply of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside the Merchant’s control. (d) You have a legal right to end the contract because of something the Merchant has done wrong. 6.2 No right to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 once your order has been accepted. You do not have a legal right to change your mind and receive a refund once your order has been accepted by House of Petula as you have purchased perishable goods.
6.3 Tell House of Petula you want to end the Contract. To end the Contract with the Merchant under clause 6.1, please let House of Petula know by phone or email. You can call customer services on +44 (0) 7729221642 or email House of Petula at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order, reason for cancellation and, where available, your phone number and email address.
6.4 What happens if you end the Contract under clause 6.1. If the Contract is ended under clause 6.1, House of Petula will refund you the price you paid for the Goods including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment.
6.5 When your refund will be made. House of Petula will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT 7.1 Where to find the price of the Goods. The price of the Goods (which includes VAT and delivery costs where standard delivery is selected) will be the price indicated on the relevant order page of House of Petula’s website when you placed your order. Where same day delivery is selected, the price of the Goods (which includes VAT) and the delivery cost will be indicated on the relevant order page of House of Petula’s website when you placed your order. House of Petula takes all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Goods advised to you is correct. However please see clause 7.3 if House of Petula discovers an error in the price of the Goods you order.
7.2 House of Petula will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date the Merchant supplies the Goods, House of Petula will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Goods in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
7.3 What happens if House of Petula got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite House of Petula’s best efforts, some of the Goods House of Petula displays for sale on its website may be incorrectly priced. If the Goods' correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, House of Petula will contact you for your instructions before your order is accepted. In these circumstances, you may have the right to end the Contract under clause 6.1.
7.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. House of Petula accepts payment with Visa, Mastercard and American Express. You must pay for the Goods before the Merchant dispatches them.
- THE MERCHANT'S RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU 8.1 The Merchant is responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by it. If the Merchant fails to comply with these terms, it is responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of it breaching this Contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
8.2 The Merchant does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
8.3 The Merchant is not liable for business losses. The Merchant only supplies the Goods for domestic and private use. If you use the Goods for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose the Merchant will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- HOW THE MERCHANT MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION 9.1 The Merchant will use the personal information you provide to House of Petula to supply the Goods to you.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS 10.1 The Merchant may transfer this agreement to someone else. The Merchant may transfer its rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation.
10.2 You need the Merchant’s consent to transfer your rights to someone else.You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if the Merchant agrees to this in writing.
10.3 Even if the Merchant delays in enforcing this contract, it can still enforce it later. If the Merchant does not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if it delays in taking steps against you in respect of your breaching this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent the Merchant taking steps against you at a later date.
10.4 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms and the Contract are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.